Already have an AIM dash? Here’s an add-on package for your RaceCapture/Pro MK2 and higher that integrates data from your AIM system. This package includes:
- CAN bus integration cable for your AIM dashboard
- 2 amp hard-wired charging cable for your Android device (use as an auxiliary display)
- Free Race Capture app (download from Google PlayStore or the Amazon App Store)
RaceCapture/Pro system sold separately.
Live stream up to 14 channels of AIM data
Want to add real-time telemetry to your AIM dashboard? Now you can stream multiple channels of data and more to Podium – using RaceCapture/Pro and a single cable.
How it works
AIM data is provided by the SmartyCam CAN bus data stream. Nearly all AIM dashboards support the SmartyCam interface – if you’re not sure about yours,email us with any questions.
Setting it up is pretty easy, and we have a guide for you on how to set it up in two steps:
- Use this integration cable to connect your AIM dash to the RaceCapture/Pro
- Copy and paste our integration script which maps the AIM channels to telemetry
And you’re done! Once the data is streaming, you’ll be able to see live telemetry via the RaceCapture App dashboard monitoring page. Also, if you have real-time telemetry enabled, you’ll see your live stream Podium while you race.
The integration cable uses the same type of high quality connectors found in your AIM system, pre-wired to connect to RaceCapture/Pro.
Add Dedicated Sensors
RaceCapture/Pro comes with it’s own set of analog and digital inputs, providing expandability to your existing system, including tire and brake temperatures, oil pressure, brake pressure, steering angle and more!
Check out our Sensor Selection for ideas on what you can connect!
Predictive lap times with the Race Capture app
Augment your AIM dashboard with the free Race Capture app. It provides a fast, real-time view of your race car’s data, including predictive lap times, sensor alerts and a customizable dashboard. Try it today: Download from the Google Play Store or the Amazon App Store! You can use it as an auxiliary dashboard to compliment your AIM installation.
Scott Barton’s AIM + RaceCapture dash installation
Hard-wire your Android Device for a permanent install
The included 12 volt 2 amp charger is designed to be hard-wired into your race car’s electrical system and will keep your Android dashboard supplied with power.
Works with virtually any sensor
Need to log temperature, pressure, wheel speed, RPM and more? Check out our Sensor Guide to learn how to set up just about any sensor you need!
3 powerful options for analyzing data
- Analyze your data in the cloud by streaming real-time data on Podium
- Use the included RaceCapture software to configure RaceCapture/Pro’s features and perform multi-session analysis
- With it’s open file format, RaceCapture/Pro is compatible with industry-standard analysis software like the powerful and free-to-use Gems Data Analysis
RaceCapture telemetry benefits and features
Your race car’s data will stream directly to Podium and is viewable from anywhere, whether the pits, to friends at home, or fans far away.
- Make more strategic decisions based on live data from your car
- View vital stats from anywhere in the world with an internet connection
- Allow your drivers to do what they do best while you monitor your vehicle’s performance
- Plan your racing and pit strategy based on real data
- Share lap times and GPS location with your team’s fans
- Track and record lap times
- Replay and analyze previous events