Mitsubishi Evo 4-9 4G63 Twin Scroll External WG Turbo Manifold (AC & O.E Radiator)
Starting with a blank sheet of paper, utilizing years of race winning experience and new ideas, Full-Race engineers designed the twin scroll Manifold from the ground up. The result is a Manifold which can fit almost any twin scroll T3 or T4 turbo (up to 67mm) while maintaining all accessories (PS, A/C) AND a full length radiator. Combining the ultimate performance and durability with Full-Race’s legendary craftsmanship, this manifold can produce a bigger powerband than any other configuration on the market and is sure to stand up to even the most demanding Evo enthusiasts.
Full-Race Evo Twin Scroll Turbo Manifold features:
- Thick wall stainless steel construction
- Your choice of dual Tial MV-S (38mm) or 44mm wastegates
- Precision robotic TIG welding
- True twin scroll design spools the turbo faster with better VE and more power from idle to redline
- Lifetime Warranty
Full-Race’s highly evolved Twin Scroll Turbo Manifold for the CT9A Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution is the ideal turbo setup for road race and time attack applications. Sierra Sierra is currently the World’s Fastest Time Attack team, hitting a macking 298km/h at eastern creek, and chooses to run the Full-Race Twinscroll kit, with Borg Warner EFR 9180:
GT4088R Dyno Results
2.4L Evo 8 w/ Twin Scroll 40R VS Single Scroll 37R this build has a psycho power band for a true street car — 200lbft @ ~3600rpm and 500 lbft @ 5000rpm, then 600lbft @ 5300rpm.
Red line = Twin Scroll 40R (new setup) compared to blue line = Single Scroll 37R (old setup). Note the big difference in “area under the curve” from his new round of mods (turbo kit, head, ignition) The approximate gains with the 40R vs 37R are:
- 2000rpm +5hp, +20tq
- 3000rpm +20whp, +40tq
- 4000rpm +50whp, +65tq
- 5000rpm +150whp, +150tq
- 6000rpm +60whp, +60tq
- 7000rpm +30whp, +5tq
- Stock Radiator Fan will not fit 4″ inlet turbos (Slimfan required). Applications such as Time Attack or Endurance racing which require huge CFM for extreme water temps should use the SPAL fan (SPAL 30101504). It flows about 50% more CFM than our standard unit and draws 50% more amps (12 instead of 8amps).
- Dump tubes are not included
- The stock evo turbo’s water lines are recommended to be used for watercooler GT30R and GT35R Evo’s.
- All twinscroll T4 Evo kits with BorgWarner turbochargers should notch the motor mount slightly to give more clearance for the 3″ compressor outlet.
- Port Matching at the head flange recommended for ported cylinder heads
- When using a Borg Warner EFR8374 or EFR9180 turbo with this manifold, clearance must be made around the front transmission mount area. Either remove the BOV from the large frame EFR or notch the transmission mount. The following photos explain this:
removing EFR9180’s BOV optional
-or- Notching Transmission Mount to retain EFR9180 recirc valve