BorgWarner S369SX-E – 69.00mm S300SX-E 9180
The largest turbo in the S300SX-E family – the only modern technology 1000+hp midframe T4 Journal Bearing turbo available. Utilizing the latest generation 69.00mm billet EFR compressor wheel aerodynamics with uprated 360 degree thrust assemblies, the all new ‘SX-Enhanced’ turbos redefine performance and value for modern turbochargers.
BW engineers started with their 91S compressor wheel blade shape from the EFR9180, but trimmed to 75% for an increased airflow rate of 98lb/min. This all new wheel is packaged in a purpose built SX-E compressor housing with ported-shroud inlet and optional speed sensor port. A traditional Airwerks 80mm Inconel turbine and flexible housing options maintain consistency with existing installations. Smaller overall dimensions than the EFR9180 and higher airflow rates make this an excellent match for high-boost and high-power applications. Oil-Cooled Journal Bearing only.
Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
Compressor Wheel OD (Exducer): 91.44mm
Compressor Wheel Inducer: 69.00mm
Max Flow Rate: 98 lb/min
Max Recommended Turbo Shaft Speed: 117019 RPM
Compressor Housing Connections:
Inlet: 4.0″ Hose Coupler
Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler
Turbine Type: Inconel S300SX Turbine Wheel
Turbine Wheel OD: 80mm
Housing Material: D5S sandcast
Housing Size and A/R ratio: S300SX-E 9180 (S369) is available in three (3) different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.88 A/R T4 Single Scroll
- 0.91 A/R T4 Twin Scroll
- 1.00 A/R T4 Twin Scroll
Turbine Outlet: 3″ Marmon OR Optional 3″ V-Band ($150)
BorgWarner SX-E Turbo Features:
- Available as a complete turbo -or- Supercore (no turbine housing) to retrofit existing Airwerks installations.
- Forged milled compressor wheels with Optimized compressor blade aerodynamics
- All-new severe duty 360 degree thrust bearing
- Compressor cover integrated speed sensor port and pre-machined boost port
- Flexible compressor cover outlet options: coupler or vband
- Interchangeable with existing Airwerks turbine housings for plug-and-play upgrades
- Optional Turbo Speed Sensor Kit
- Optional Turbo Speed Gauge
- 3AN oil feed line is recommended. If -4AN or larger is used, an oil restrictor is required (just like GT turbos)
- Full-Race recommends upgrading to a .91 A/R modified to 3″ V-band for Twinscroll applications up to 20psi boost.
- Full-Race recommends upgrading to a 1.00 A/R modified to 3″ V-band for Twinscroll applications up to 25 psi boost.
Click HERE for the Borg Warner Turbocharger Troubleshooting Guide
- Max warm oil pressure: 5 bar (73.5psi)
- Max cold oil pressure: 8 bar (118psi)
- When starting a fresh engine build or in extremely cold climates – oil pressure must reach 0.5bar (7.2psi) within 4 seconds maximum.
- Do not load the engine with full boost and WOT until full operating oil pressure is present
- Do not load the engine with full boost and WOT if any boost leaks are present (this can result in turbocharger overspeed)