BorgWarner S363SX-E – 62.99mm S300SX-E 8780
Ideal for drag race applications limited to 62.99mm inducer and twin turbo V8 – the all new ‘SX-Enhanced’ S300 SX-E 8780 turbos redefine performance and value for modern turbochargers. Utilizing the latest generation EFR compressor aerodynamics with uprated 360 degree thrust assemblies, this proven design is packaged in a purpose built SX-E compressor housing with ported-shroud inlet and speed sensor port. It is paired with traditional Airwerks 80mm Inconel Turbine Wheel and Flexible Housing options. The 62.99mm S300SX-E Turbo has smaller overall dimensions than the EFR8374 and higher airflow rates, which make this an excellent match for high-boost and high-power 63mm drag racing applications. Bearing housing is Oil-Cooled Journal Bearing configuration.
Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
Compressor Wheel OD (Exducer): 87.37mm
Compressor Wheel Inducer: 62.99mm
Max Flow Rate: 78.5 lb/min
Max Recommended Turbo Shaft Speed: 122374 RPM
Compressor Housing Connections:
Inlet: 4.0″ Hose Coupler
Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler
Turbine Type: Inconel S300SX Turbine Wheel
Turbine Wheel OD: 80mm
Housing Material: D5S sandcast
Housing Size and A/R ratio: S300SX-E 8780 (S363) is available in three (3) different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.88 A/R T4 Single Scroll
- 0.91 A/R T4 Twin Scroll
- 1.00 A/R T4 Twin Scroll
Turbine Outlet: 3″ Marmon OR Optional 3″ V-Band ($150)
BorgWarner SX-E Turbo Features:
- Available as a complete turbo -or- Supercore (no turbine housing) to retrofit existing Airwerks installations.
- Forged milled compressor wheels with Optimized compressor blade aerodynamics
- All-new severe duty 360 degree thrust bearing
- Compressor cover integrated speed sensor port and pre-machined boost port
- Flexible compressor cover outlet options: coupler or vband
- Interchangeable with existing Airwerks turbine housings for plug-and-play upgrades
- Optional Turbo Speed Sensor Kit
- Optional Turbo Speed Gauge
- 3AN oil feed line is recommended. If -4AN or larger is used, an oil restrictor is required (just like GT turbos)
- Full-Race recommends upgrading to a .91 A/R modified to 3″ V-band for Twinscroll applications up to 20psi boost.
- Full-Race recommends upgrading to a 1.00 A/R modified to 3″ V-band for Twinscroll applications up to 25 psi boost.
Click HERE for the Borg Warner Turbocharger Troubleshooting Guide
- Max warm oil pressure: 5 bar (73.5psi)
- Max cold oil pressure: 8 bar (118psi)
- When starting a fresh engine build or in extremely cold climates – oil pressure must reach 0.5bar (7.2psi) within 4 seconds maximum.
- Do not load the engine with full boost and WOT until full operating oil pressure is present
- Do not load the engine with full boost and WOT if any boost leaks are present (this can result in turbocharger overspeed)