BorgWarner 61.44mm S300SX-E 8380 aka S362 SX-E
This is one of our all time best selling journal bearing turbos. The all new ‘SX-Enhanced’ turbos redefine performance and value for modern turbochargers. Comparable in size to GT35 or precision 62, the SXE utilizes BorgWarner’s latest generation billet compressor wheels, and uprated journal bearings with 360 degree thrust assemblies. The new 61.44mm Inducer SXE turbo is the updated performance replacement for S360, S362 and 63mm FMW turbos.
Packaged in a purpose built SX-E compressor housing, SXE turbos utilize a ported shroud anti-surge inlet and speed sensor port. It is paired with traditional Airwerks 80mm Inconel turbine and flexible housing options. Smaller overall dimensions than the EFR8374 and higher airflow rates make this an excellent match for high-boost and high-power applications. Oil-Cooled Journal Bearing only.
Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 83.47mm
Compressor Wheel Inducer: 61.44mm
Max Flow Rate: 78 lb/min
Max Recommended Turbo Shaft Speed: 128136 RPM (560 m/s)
Compressor Housing Connections:
Inlet: 4.0″ Hose Coupler
Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler
Turbine Type: Inconel S300SX Turbine Wheel
Turbine Wheel OD: 80mm
Housing Material: D5S sandcast
Housing Size and A/R ratio: S300SXE 8380 is available in three (3) different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.88 A/R T4 Single Scroll
- 0.91 A/R T4 Twin Scroll
- 1.00 A/R T4 Twin Scroll
Turbine outlet: 3″ Marmon or Optional 3″ V-Band Upgrade ($150)
BorgWarner SX-E Turbo Features:
- Available as a complete turbo -or- supercore (no turbine housing) to retrofit existing Airwerks installations.
- Forged milled compressor wheels with Optimized compressor blade aerodynamics
- all-new severe duty 360 degree thrust bearing
- Compressor cover integrated speed sensor port and pre-machined boost port
- Flexible compressor cover outlet options: coupler or vband
- Interchangeable with existing Airwerks turbine housings for plug-and-play upgrades
- Optional Turbo Speed Sensor Kit
- Optional Turbo Speed Gauge
- 3AN oil feed line is recommended. If -4AN or larger is used, an oil restrictor is required (just like GT turbos)
- Full-Race recommends upgrading to a .91 A/R modified to 3″ V-band for Twinscroll applications up to 20psi boost.
- Full-Race recommends upgrading to a 1.00 A/R modified to 3″ V-band for Twinscroll applications up to 25 psi boost.
Click HERE for the Borg Warner Turbocharger Troubleshooting Guide
- Max warm oil pressure: 5 bar (73.5psi)
- Max cold oil pressure: 8 bar (118psi)
- When starting a fresh engine build or in extremely cold climates – oil pressure must reach 0.5bar (7.2psi) within 4 seconds maximum.
- Do not load the engine with full boost and WOT until full operating oil pressure is present
- Do not load the engine with full boost and WOT if any boost leaks are present (this can result in turbocharger overspeed)