Hypertune Throttle Body
*When ordering a throttle body, please add to the notes which TPS adapter you need.
* Products are made to order and there may be a 4-6 week lead time depending on production schedule. Please check with us before ordering if you need it quick!
FOR RB25 OWNERS: PLEASE LET US KNOW WHETHER YOU HAVE A D SHAPED DRIVE, OR PIN DRIVE. SEE PHOTOS FOR DETAILS.
Hypertune are proud to announce the availability of our new range of universal throttle bodies.
The project began in response to our customers' requests for a throttle body worthy of the quality and performance of our range of intake manifolds. Our aim was to provide the best possible combination of performance, appearance, reliability and ease of implementation. Have a look at our list of features and we are sure you will agree, we have achieved our objective!
CNC machined 6061T6 billet aluminium body section provides the best combination of strength, accuracy, light weight and appearance. Diameters have been chosen based on commonly available hose sizes and a large bead is provided to assure positive retention of the hose under boosted applications.
- 10mm diameter slotted steel shaft combined with 2mm thick brass butterfly provides high resistance to bending in supercharged / turbocharged applications. Shaft is blackened for corrosion resistance and improved appearance. Butterfly is machined in an elliptical shape with 7 degree taper to perfectly fit the throttle bore improving sealing and resistance to binding common with many other designs.
- Dual sealed ball bearings securely locate the shaft/butterfly eliminating the shaft float and subsequent wear common with many other designs. Ball bearings also provide very smooth action and vastly improved sealing and service life compared to bushes.
- Unique indexable pulley allows adjustment of cable position to suit any application. M5 threaded holes around perimeter are provided to assist with addition of extra return spring or linkages for multiple throttles where required.
- Throttle body can be ordered with clockwise or counter-clockwise rotation. This choice can be made based on TPS rotation or installation requirements.
- Various TPS adapters are available that allow direct bolt-on of most common factory TPS sensors. This unique addition simplifies installation, eliminating the need to purchase another TPS and adapt it to your engine.
- Custom-made stainless steel spring provides smooth, linear action and positive return. Spring is contained within stopper barrel section protecting it from foreign objects and improve appearance.
From conception to final assembly, the Hypertune throttle body is designed with quality and performance in mind. Only the best techniques and materials are combined with state of the art design and machining practices to produce what is the new industry standard in universal application billet throttle bodies.
- Body section is clear anodized to further improve longevity and wear resistance (custom anodized colors available)
- Optional Wiggins clamp connection available for the most reliable seal for high boost applications
All throttle bodies are supplied with:
- 4 x M8 cap screws
- TPS adaptor kit (Includes adaptor plate, mounting screws, spindle and grub screws).
- Clear anodized body (custom anodized colors available)
Hypertune throttle bodies are currently available in the following sizes:
- 77mm O.D. (73mm I.D.) - Direct fit for 3" silicone hose
- 90mm O.D. (85mm I.D.) - Direct fit for 3.5" silicone hose
- 102mm O.D. (97mm I.D.) - Direct fit for 4" silicone hose
- RAW finish is standard.
- Optional anodizing
- black, gunmetal grey and clear, red, purple, blue, gold +$95
- Additional time may be needed for anodizing.
Hypertune 70mm throttle body - Bolt on for SR20, KA24, CA18, RB30 - (DISCONTINUED)
The Hypertune 70mm throttle body was designed to be a direct bolt on throttle body for Nissan SR20, KA24DE, CA18, and RB30 engines.
Hypertune 77mm throttle body
The Hypertune 77mm throttle body is the throttle body we recommend for most applications that still plan to be street driven or cars looking to make good mid-range power (400-600whp) and still retain excellent throttle response. The 77mm throttle body is a great choice for a throttle body for circuit cars, drift cars, and most daily driven cars. The 77mm throttle body is a direct fit for 3" silicone hose. If you're looking to make more power then factory while still retaining excellent throttle response and overall driveability, then this is the throttle body for you.
Hypertune 90mm throttle body
The Hypertune 90mm throttle body is designed to support incredible power levels are cars that plan to still be street driven or want to retain throttle response in time attack or high powered drift cars. This throttle body is capable of supporting over 1000whp while still retaining great driveability. The 90mm throttle body is a direct fit for 3.5" silicone hose. If you're looking to make serious horsepower while still retaining throttle response and driveability, then this is the throttle body for you
Hypertune 102mm throttle body
The Hypertune 102mm throttle body is the largest throttle body Hypertune offers and is meant to support the highest power aspirations! This throttle body is capable of supporting 2000hp engines and is desinged to be used in all-out drag race applications. The 102mm throttle body is a direct fit for 4" silicone hose. If you're looking to make as much power as possible and dominate at the drag strip then this is the throttle body for you.